Connection. Celebration. Engagement. Leadership.
Older Adults & Seniors
The Front Step Project is a new initiative engaging youth and older adults to think about community needs differently.
We want to hear from you!
- What are your experiences of different generations working together?
- How do you think people could work together across generations to address complex problems like housing and poverty in Vancouver?
We want a community in which people are connected, valued and empowered to create the systemic change they would like to see in their community.
- Honesty, about what we are thinking, seeing and/or feeling
- Transparency, around our organizational cultures, competencies, needs, and processes, etc., as well as learning within the project
- Curiosity, about everything, because this is about learning
- Reflective/self-reflective, and being willing to interrogate our own/our organizational assumptions, values, practices and norms
- Humility, because none of us/our organizations have “figured it out” and because pride/ego will only get in the way
- Openness to change and growth
Updates & Stories
We invite you to an afternoon discussion with muffins, tea, and coffee to share ideas on housing, building community, and intergenerational relationships. Your ideas will help shape Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House’s new initiative—The Front Step Project—which is...
The Research behind The Front Step Project
Events & Programs
Events for week of February 17, 2019
Contact our House
The Front Step Project Coordinator
604.879.8208 ext 225
Help people from 40+ countries, many First Nations, and all generations make the most of of life at our House.