Connection. Celebration. Engagement. Leadership.
Older Adults & Seniors
The Front Step Project is a new initiative engaging youth and older adults to think about community needs differently.
We want to hear from you!
- What are your experiences of different generations working together?
- How do you think people could work together across generations to address complex problems like housing and poverty in Vancouver?
We want a community in which people are connected, valued and empowered to create the systemic change they would like to see in their community.
- Honesty, about what we are thinking, seeing and/or feeling
- Transparency, around our organizational cultures, competencies, needs, and processes, etc., as well as learning within the project
- Curiosity, about everything, because this is about learning
- Reflective/self-reflective, and being willing to interrogate our own/our organizational assumptions, values, practices and norms
- Humility, because none of us/our organizations have “figured it out” and because pride/ego will only get in the way
- Openness to change and growth
by Melanie Green for The Star Vancouver Organizations creating roommate programs to deal with seniors struggling with housing. Vancouver—Amidst a dire crisis in seniors’ housing in Metro Vancouver, several organizations on the frontlines are creating innovative...
Events & Programs
Events for week of August 19, 2018
The Front Step Project Coordinator
604.879.8208 ext 225
Help people from 40+ countries, many First Nations, and all generations make the most of of life at our House.