Connection. Celebration. Engagement. Leadership.
Community Connections & Settlement Services
We provide settlement services for newcomers during their initial settlement in British Columbia and empowers families to become independent in Canada. Services are available in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Arabic, Vietnamese, Spanish and Wolof. Registration and membership are required for all settlement programs. First year of membership is free for settlement participants. Settlement child care and bus tickets are available for eligible families.
- 1 on 1 support and settlement counselling
- Information and referral to community resources
- Information on health care, legal system, education, employment, finances, housing, child care and more
- Help with filling out forms
- Leadership training
- Opportunities to meet new people and engage in community activities
Needs Assessment & Referral
Newcomers will meet either individually or as a family with a settlement worker to assess their needs and create a plan to integrate as new residents of Canada.
Individual / Family Settlement Counselling
Newcomers have an opportunity to meet with a settlement worker to receive support and guidance to understand and address challenges they may have as a newcomer to Canada.
Workshops are provided on different topics tailored to the needs of newcomers to assist in successful integration. Topics include transportation, the education system in Canada, housing, citizenship test preparation and more.
Short Term Life Skills Programs
These programs are 6 to 8 weeks in length and provide detailed information on specific life skills. Topics include parenting skills, women’s support group, computer classes, anti-discrimination training and more.
Community Connections Programs for Newcomers and Immigrants
Community Connections include programs for women, men, families, seniors and youth. These programs and activities help newcomers foster the skills and know-how to successfully engage and participate in their community. It also facilitates connections between newcomers and long term Canadians through a series of programs such as:
- Impact Mentorship
- Community Leadership Learning Circles
- Multicultural Cooking Club
- Men’s Outreach and Support Group
- English Conversation Club
- Family Literacy Outreach
- Volunteer opportunities
Events & Programs
Events for week of August 18, 2019 › Community Connections & Settlement Services
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Community Connections & Settlement Services. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
Calendar of Events
Help people from 40+ countries, many First Nations, and all generations make the most of of life at our House.