- This event has passed.
Second Beat: Art Share
November 16, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Discover a sense of empowerment and celebrate pride through our supportive community, led by and for folks who are social justice-minded.
This is a QTBIMPOC-led* program that fosters community connection, inclusion, and diversity through the sharing of multimedia art, skills, and stories.
A welcoming open mic space to share your art, skills, stories, and journeys. Showcasing artists and storytellers (ages 19-30) from LGBTQ2IA+ communities**. Friends and allies of all ages are welcome!
*QTBIMPOC: Queer/Trans: Black, Indigenous, Multiracial and People of Colour
**LGBT2QIA+: Lesbian, Gay/Gender Diverse, Bisexual, Trans, Queer/Questioning, Two Spirit, Intersex, Asexual/Agender, plus many more identities
Every month is Pride month!
Free entrance! Contact Cherine to perform:
- Our House is located one block away from the 99 B-Line, and the #8 and #9 buses. The outdoor parklet, and the first and second floors are fully wheelchair accessible.
- We are scent free. Please refrain from wearing scented perfume or using scented products.
- We are committed to welcoming the queer and trans community. There are single stall, all-gender, wheelchair accessible washrooms on the first and second floors, as well as multi-stall gendered washrooms.
- We currently do not have funds for ASL interpretation but are looking for volunteers or folks who would accept an honorarium.
- We are child-friendly. We can offer activities for your children, while you enjoy this event!