IPALS: Immigrant Parents as Literacy Supporters
March 19 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:30pm on Tuesday, repeating until March 20, 2019
We begin with a light meal!
The people who started IPALS believe children do better when their parents are involved in their education. IPALS is a program for immigrant parents and their children who are 3-4 years old. Within IPALS, children’s language and literacy skills are strengthened. The connection between the home and the school is an important part of IPALS.
- January 29 | Session 1: Welcome & Introductions
- February 5 | Session 2: ABC’s & Learning
- February 12 | Session 3: Print in our Community
- February 19 | Session 4: Storybook Reading
- February 26 | Session 5: Linking Literacy & Play
- March 5 | Session 6: Early Math
- March 12 | Session 7: Riddles, Raps & Rhymes
- March 19 | Session 8: Celebration & Graduation
To register please contact Sherifa Azzab: 604.879.8208 ext 203, firstname.lastname@example.org
Childcare available. Registration required.